Create a Google developer account
Before You Begin
- Creating a Google Play Developer account requires that you have a traditional Google account available. Make sure you have created a Google account (https://accounts.google.com/SignUp).
How to Set-up Your Google Play Developer Account and Google Wallet Merchant Account
1. Go to the Google Play Developer Console <https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/> and sign up for an account.
5. (Optional) If you plan to create paid apps or in-app purchases for products, set-up a Merchant Account.
This will prompt you to create a Google Wallet Merchant account. Follow the presented steps to complete your enrollment. You will be directed back to the Developer Console when your account is approved.
6. Go to Settings (Label 1) > Merchant Account to access a link to go back to your Merchant Account (Label 2).
7. In the Wallet Merchant Center, go to Settings (Label 1) > Sales Tax (Label 2) and fill out the appropriate details.
- It is vital to set-up the proper sales tax for the geographic regions where you will sell your app. You can learn more about sales tax settings by reading the Google Help article on charging sales tax.
- For more information on tax rates and value-added tax (VAT), read the Google Help article on this subject.